As a site owner, you may have created the world’s best website, you may believe it is the elephant in the room, which no one can ignore. Cheers, but are there any “suitors” for your elephant, is it drawing in the traffic, is it paying you big time, is it…?
If silence is your answer, the truth is blowing in the wind. The best site is not good enough per se. The penny drops here: The bottom line, as gauged by the volume of traffic, and not the buzz, is the key to a successful, prosperous website. And to unlock this key, you need to think like an end user, not a site owner. But of course, you can’t be both the provider and customer. At Addpro Network, we don the role of your website’s end-user, while designing your site. Web designing is a technical domain involving the intricate art and science of software programming and Web-based tools such as editors, platforms, payment windows, shopping carts, and so on and so forth. It’s about getting the algorithms, squares and cubes right. Full of geeky stuff, so rather than impress (or depress) you with all this jargon, we will just tell you what you get from it.
Here’s a checklist to hand hold you through the process:The Addpro Network Advantage:
- Don’t Mix Your Message : We make the site’s goal loud and clear. If you are selling French perfumes online, you need to push it to the forefront of the site, rather than splash images that do not call for measurable and tangible action.
- Right Design Rights Content : Too much design, too little content, is like gloss that ends up as gross. The content has to be populated the right way, across the shell, homepages, section pages and inner pages. Design should not just mesmerize, while at the same one should not give it a cold shoulder. With us, Form follows functionality, and not the other way round.
- Ease of Navigation : How does your navigation link work? Easy to use or a potential trap for visitors? A visitor should not feel challenged. He should be able to go where he wants on your site, quickly and easily, period. Using a search box on the site is the way to go, to get your visitors to their product/service directly.
- Do Not Ignore The Shopping Cart : There are a million shopping carts out on the web, so we help you to pick and choose the right one with the right fit for your site. Default shopping carts are best avoided; always go for a branded shopping cart, to lend credibility and confidence to your purchaser. You cannot be too careful when it involves your customer’s money!
- Remain in Style – Always : On the web, today’s trends are passé tomorrow. It’s the perils of e-commerce evolution. So how do you retool your site’s design which might look archaic sooner than you think? Redesign your site? But it’s like a journey without end. The trick is to realign, not redesign. We will show you ways to realign your site’s features with changing trends on-the-go.
- Design to Grow : This is a little geeky insight: Which is better – using top navigation or left navigation? The expert view on this is, navigation links on the top of a web page prevents navigation options down the line, in case you foresee future growth and have a large bouquet of offerings.
- Consistency is the key : Everyone loves to experiment, but don’t throw consistency out the window! Addpro Network’s designers will give your site a consistent look – standard formatting of fonts, links, colors, etc. This is lost when you do the edits or touch up the site yourself, banking on your rudimentary knowledge of simple HTML, to say, add new content pages. A small change leads to inconsistent formatting – which might put off a visitor.
- You Have Got Mail : You may have experienced this before: Impressed by the touch and feel of a great looking site, you look to see up the owner’s phone number – and you get lost, making you wonder for a moment, that the customer (the site owner) may be in hiding! Addpro Network designed sites steer clear of the simple mistake of sending your prospects hunting for your contact. We put your phone number/contact details in a prominent position. A small matter of detail but one that is often ignored!
- Cash in on Merchandising Opportunities : We will bundle Web features so you never miss up on an opportunity to make that extra dollar money. Merchandising opportunities abound for your website, such as cross-sell, item page multiple add-to-cart, and other direct call-to-actions.
- Less is More : Let’s not bamboozle the user with too many navigation buttons and choices! A long list of options keeps the visitor from getting into what he wants. Instead, we provide drop-down menus that break down top-level buttons into sub-sections.
- Remind the User Where They Are : Once a user clicks into a site section, remind them where they are. We can incorporate into your site a consistent method to highlight the section a visitor is in, such as a change in color or appearance. If the site has more than one page per section, we provide a clickable button so users can use it to get back to the main page of that area.